Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing
Our Fractionated CO2 Laser Technology is one of the most widely used ablative lasers in the world. Today fractionated CO2 lasers, like fraxel, are used for facial skin rejuvenation due to sun damage and aging.
A CO2 laser treatment will improve:
- Brown spots,
- Skin vitality
- Acne scars
- Mild skin wrinkles
- Crows feet
The laser delivers fractioned light in an array of precise microbeams that penetrate the skin and into the dermis, creating narrow but deep columns of skin coagulation. The laser treatment triggers the skin to repair itself by pushing out the old, damaged skin and replacing it with new skin that looks younger, tighter and healthier.
No anesthetic, no pain after the procedure, and only a few days of painless down time–a small price for improving your skin on your face, neck, chest and hands. All this in one treatment at an affordable cost.
Pre-Treatment Guidelines: Fractionated CO2 Laser Resurfacing
Fractionated CO2 Laser Resurfacing is a non-invasive laser treatment for skin that treats wrinkles, scars, melasma, and crow’s feet. Optimal results may require multiple treatments, however significant results are often achieved with just one treatment. It is important that you discontinue all medical skin care treatments 7 days before your laser treatment.
Cold Sores: If you have a history of cold sores, please inform us before your treatment so we can pretreat you with anti-viral medication.
Post-Laser Treatment Guidelines: Fractionated CO2 Laser Resurfacing
Fractionated CO2 Laser Resurfacing is a non-invasive procedure to treat wrinkles, scars, melasma and crow’s feet. Optimal results may require multiple treatments and even complimentary procedures like facial fillers.
- Downtime: Post treatment downtime is approximately 5-7 days.
- Sun exposure: It is extremely important to avoid sun exposure after the treatment to avoid skin pigment damages.
- Moisture: It is important to apply moisturizer to allow for the new skin to grow and heal properly on the treated area.
- Swelling: It is normal to experience some swelling. This is most common under the eyes and usually lasts up to 3 days. To minimize swelling, sleep with your head of bed elevated and apply cold compresses to the area for the first few days.
- Redness: This is significant during the first week, but then resolves. Very mild redness can persist after the first week, but it is easily covered with makeup.
- Peeling skin: This is a normal part of the healing process and is common during days 3-7 of healing.
Doctors Cohen and Armin provide both surgical and non-invasive cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery procedures. We serve Calabasas, Hidden Hills, Encino, Tarzana, West Hills, Woodland Hills, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Bell Canyon, Thousand Oaks and the greater Los Angeles area.
Schedule Your Laser Consultation Today
If you have been thinking about whether you might be a candidate for Fractionated CO2 Laser Resurfacing, schedule a complimentary consultation. You can schedule your appointment by calling C/V Surgical Group at (818) 888-7878.